I am a Senior Researcher at the Peace Research Institute Oslo (PRIO). Prior to this, I was a Postdoctoral Fellow at the Belfer Center, Harvard Kennedy School and a Postdoctoral Fellow at the Varieties of Democracy Institute (V-Dem). I have also been a research fellow associated with the project Disentangling the Economic Effects of Political Institutions (DEEPI) at the University of Oslo. I defended my Ph.D in Political Science in August 2017 at the University of Oslo.
My work is featured in journals such as Journal of Politics, Comparative Political Studies, World Development, British Journal of Political Science, Journal of Conflict Resolution and Democratization.
My research interests include:
- The causes, dynamics and consequences of mass protest in autocracies and democracies
- Democratization and democratic erosion
- Citizens’ attitudes and support for democracy
- The role of education in democratization and political stability
- The varied impacts of female empowerment on political violence
My Phd-dissertation studies the links between education, mass protests and the breakdown of authoritarian regimes.